Do you need dental crowns in O’Fallon, MO? Make an appointment to see Dr. Eric Hurtte and his outstanding team at Boardwalk Family Dental, who guarantee the specialist experience and expertise you need.
A porcelain dental crown is used to treat a number of problems, including:
- A previously filled tooth where there now exists more filling than tooth. The existing tooth structure becomes weakened and can no longer support the filling.
- Extensive damage by decay.
- Discolorations and compromised esthetics.
- Root canal – After a root canal, teeth tend to become brittle and are more vulnerable to fracture. We use dental crowns in O’Fallon, MO, to protect the teeth which remain after a root canal.
- Bridges – When missing teeth are replaced with a bridge, the adjacent teeth require crowns in order to support the replacement teeth.
As well as strengthening and protecting the remaining tooth structure, crowns can improve the appearance of your teeth. Crowns can be made from a number of different materials, from the full porcelain crown to the porcelain-fused-to-metal crown, as well as the all-metal crown. You and your dentist will decide which type is appropriate, depending upon the strength requirements and aesthetic concerns of the tooth in question.
You will need at least two appointments to fit your dental crowns in O’Fallon, MO. During your first visit, the tooth is prepared for the crown, an impression or mold is made of the tooth, and a temporary crown is placed over the prepared tooth. At the subsequent visit, the temporary crown is removed and the final crown is fitted, adjusted, and cemented into place.
If you need dental crowns with a dentist you can trust, come in to see Dr. Hurtte at our friendly, state of the art facility. We pride ourselves on our strong, life-long patient relationships, and we are always striving to meet your individual needs with our convenient hours and leading dental techniques.
We also offer “Same Day Crowns” for you convenience.
7766 Winghaven Blvd.
O’Fallon, MO 63368
Return to our home page for more about your Dentist in O’Fallon, MO.